If you've done any research about the best knives to buy, there's no doubt you've come across our name.
Samura, we pride ourselves on making the absolute best kitchen knives on the market today.
Because we love knives and the technology behind them more than anything else in the world, we have made it our business to know everything there is to know about making them, from materials and techniques to grinding and polishing.
Our team of professionals understand that quality, functionality, and style are important in a kitchen knife. Since our founding in 2003, we have grown rapidly as a company and now have production facilities in four different countries. But, every knife is still lovingly made by real craftsmen who have been in the knife making trade for years. In fact, 90% of our production process is manual labour, which means that you can rest assured that you are getting a great kitchen knife every time.
Samura - The Name Behind High Quality Chef's Kitchen Knives
If you've done any research about the best knives to buy, there's no doubt you've come across our name. Samura, we pride ourselves on making the absolute best kitchen knives on the market today. Because we love knives and the technology behind them more than anything else in the world, we have made it our business to know everything there is to know about making them, from materials and techniques to grinding and polishing. Our team of professionals understand that quality, functionality, and style are important in a kitchen knife. Since our founding in 2003, we have grown rapidly as a company and now have production facilities in four different countries. But, every knife is still lovingly made by real craftsmen who have been in the knife making trade for years. In fact, 90% of our production process is manual labour, which means that you can rest assured that you are getting a great kitchen knife every time.
For those who don't know, Samura's knife sets are a big deal. Who are we? We are a hard-working team of dedicated professionals who craft uniquely designed, high-end knives. Who are we? We are a company that is obsessed with making the best kitchen knives that money can buy. Who are we? We are the company that seeks the highest quality materials. We demand perfection from our research through manufacturing. We are the measure twice, cut once company. Who are we? We are the brand name and status to have in cutlery. We have created the perfect knives that fit all of the needs of 5 start restaurants and have the price of a household knife set. Who are we? All of that can be simply said and understood with "we are Samura."
All of our professional chef knives are crafted with our central philosophy in mind. What is that philosophy? It is to create the ideal kitchen knife for every purpose and to have the best knife in your hands for it. You'll find that our knives embody our one-of-a-kind ideal of what a knife should be - a thinly wrought, lightweight blade crafted from the finest materials with correct geometry that offers precision quality in every detail. You want a knife that holds it's sharp edge for more than just a few cuts or slices. Each Samura kitchen knife provides you with better cutting because they are perfectly balanced and offer incredible engineering to precision sharpness.
Japanese Kitchen Knives with European Reliability
When we started on this journey, we knew one very important thing: Japanese knives simply cut better than European knives. To produce the best knives available, we had to ask "why?". There are two key reasons why this is true. Japanese knives remain sharper longer and retain their edges better. Unfortunately, Japanese knives also tend to have a few shortcomings including being excessively hard and fragile. Even when they are taken care of correctly, they are prone to damage during everyday use and can rust quickly.
We decided that we wanted to create a product that combined all of the best qualities of these Japanese chef knives with the reliability of their European counterparts. It took us four years, but we finally achieved the proper results; we created Samura, a beneficial symbiosis of Japanese knife tradition and European reliability.
Samura Kitchen Knife Collections
We know from the beginning that creating a handful of Japanese kitchen knives wasn't going to be good enough. We wanted to make sure that everyone could find the perfect kitchen knife for their kitchen. To that end, we have created a wide range of high-quality knife collections so that you can find the perfect kitchen knife set, and kitchen knife accessories, for your home or restaurant. So, whether you're looking for the perfect steak knives or a full set of professional chef knives, Samura has a knife for that.
Our top-of-the-line knives typically fit into one of our unique categories:
- Damascus - As the name implies, these high-quality knives are made of the best Damascus steel with 67 layers and a blade hardness of 61 HRC. They feature an ergonomic handle design, a steel anti-microbial bolster, full tang, and a European double-sided sharpening of the blade at 16-18 degrees for extreme sharpness.
- Damascus 67 - This line of knives is also crafted from Damascus steel with 67 layers and a blade hardness of 61 HRC. This beautifully crafted collection is the pinnacle of Japanese minimalism. They feature a unique Japanese shape that makes them lightweight, European double-sided sharpening with smooth slopes, and a durable plastic handle that makes them dishwasher safe.
- Sakai - Our Sakai collection is made from hammered Damascus steel with 33 layers and a blade hardness of 61 HRC. They feature mahogany handles and two-sided sharpening at 15-17 degrees to provide extreme sharpness.
- Kaiju - These surprisingly affordable blades are a stunningly beautiful addition to any kitchen. Their style and elegance are only surpassed by their quality and functionality. They feature a unique wavy blacksmith's work pattern, recessed portions that prevent food from adhering to the blade surface, and specially designed handles that resist chemicals, moisture, and foreign smells.
- Sultan - Our Sultan knives are perfectly designed for use in preparing Oriental dishes and for slicing vegetables and greens. These solid knives are crafted from 67-layer Damascus steel and feature a curved handle guard for additional cutting support, straight slopes, and an elongated cutting edge that is convenient for boning, dressing, and slicing meat.
- Mo-V - These single-layered steel knives meet the needs of many consumers including home cooks and food industry professionals. They are crafted from AUS-8 Japanese steel and feature straight slopes, steel bolsters, and ergonomic Fiberglass plastic handles to provide full cut control.
- Samura 67 - As our flagship knife collection, the Samura 67 knives are the perfect balance between Japanese minimalism and quality. The blades are crafted from single-layer AUS-8 Japanese steel with a blade hardness of 59 HRC. They feature authentic Japanese shapes that help make them lightweight, double-sided European style sharpening, and can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Bamboo - This beautiful chef knife set is crafted from single-layered AUS-8 Japanese steel with a blade hardness of 58-59 HRC. Their original steel handles are in the shape of a bamboo stalk, helping the knives to fit your hands perfectly and not slip out. They are a great kitchen knife set for use in HoReCa (Hotel/Restaurant/Cafe;) settings. Each knife in this collection is dishwasher safe and features special anti-slip handle polishing, straight slopes, and a hygienic jointless fastening of the light metal handle.
- Shadow - With their flawless appearance and minimal care, these high-quality knives are a stunning addition to your kitchen. The razor-sharp blades are crafted from AUS-8 Japanese steel with a blade hardness of 59 HRC. The black non-stick coating of these blades looks great and prevents food from sticking to the blades during cutting. Our Shadow knives feature the ideal geometry of a good knife and receive manual sharpening with a 5000-grit whetstone.
- Harakiri - The optimal balance of quality and design featured in our Harakiri kitchen knife set mean that these knives fit like a glove. Each blade is crafted from high-tech AUS-8 Japanese steel with a blade hardness of 58 HRC. They feature a lightweight design, smooth slopes, double-sided sharpening, and can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Eco-Ceramic - These small, simple ceramic knives feature blades made of Zirconium ceramic. This high-quality material provides a lightweight, extremely sharp cutting edge with a hardness of 82 HRC that will quickly handle the continuous job of cleaning a wide range of vegetables and fruits.
- Ceramotitan® - Our Ceramotitan collection is a reliable set of modern ceramic knives that are created using a modern and unique material that combines Zirconia ceramics with titanium. The resulting blades have a beautiful matte finish and a hardness rating of 89 HRC. These unique kitchen knives are chemically neutral, corrosion resistant, and do not absorb product smells, not even from fish.
With all of these knife collections, it's easy to see why Samura is one of the leaders in modern professional chef knives. We've made it our purpose to provide you with the best kitchen knives available. But don't forget that we also offer a range of kitchen accessories that include knife sharpeners, cutting boards, and knife blocks & holders. We encourage you to look around our site and find the perfect kitchen knife set for you!